The whole point to starting a business is to have customers, clients, or an audience. To drive traffic to your website, you’ll need to keep it regularly updated. Potential customers only spend a precious few seconds browsing your site before moving on. A stale or stagnant site will surely send your customers into the arms of a competitor.
Google wants to rank websites that have the most relevant and up-to-date information on their search engine results page . They may even de-index your website entirely if it hasn’t been updated recently enough and if they suspect it has been infected by malware. You must keep your website regularly updated with current content, news, keywords, and articles in order to rank well in search results. Regular website maintenance is invaluable for SEO success.
Our job is simple: keep your website up-to-date, secure, up and running, and bug-free. Standard maintenance on your website keeps it looking great, and running fast as we monitor for uptime and performance including daily backup and hourly monitoring. We can also consult, plan and strategize with you based on what isn’t working well for your website from broken links to outdated content to make larger updates and even overhaul it as needed. Maintenance costs are in addition to the basic hosting fee.
Functional MaintenanceKeep your site running online
- wordpress updates
- E-mail installation and ongoing support
- Plug in updates
- Anti-Hacking protection
- Upgrade scripting language
- e-mail spam filtering
- Security scans
- Weekly backups
Content MaintenanceKeep content current
- Product changes
- Service / product changes
- Staff changes
- Company news
- SEO re-indexing
- Form changes
- Repair broken links
- Navigation changes
- Daily backups
Always NewWebsite design and styling
- Latest styling additions
- New images
- Revise text copy
- New page layouts
- New navigation design
- New media edits
- New video content
- New functions
- SEO-Optimize page content
Functional Maintenance includes:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors.
- Run a backup and make sure a previous version of your site is stored.
- Make updates to website software and plugins.
- Check that all of your forms are running properly.
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts.
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links.
- Search for 404 errors and fix or redirect.
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down.
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place.
- Analyze website statistics from the previous month.
Content Maintenance includes all of Functional items plus:
- Review your website design and structure.
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Review SEO and meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action.
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly.
- Restore a previous version of the website to check your backup health.
- Update any reference to the current year.
- Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy.
- Check any active email addresses.
- Consider whether a website design update is due.
Always New Maintenance includes all of Functional, all of Content, plus:
- Adding, updating or deleting any text on your website.
- Adding, updating, resizing, cropping or deleting pictures on your website.
- Adding, updating or deleting videos on your website.
- Adding, updating or deleting links on your website.
- Adding, updating or deleting any files or documents on your website.
- Creating new pages or blog posts.
- Modifying existing layouts.
- Modifcations to headers or footers.
- Local search reindexing.
- Renaming pages or files for optimzation.
- Modifications to keywords, page titles and site map modifications or generation.